If you would like to know more about our processing services please feel free to browse through our frequently asked questions, or contact us.
Netherby Meats offers a mobile abattoir and processing service so the truck will come to you. The mobile service operates between Rakaia and Rangitata. If you are outside this zone, please contact Netherby Meats to discuss options.
Time may vary, please notify us in advance if you require product by a particular date.
- Beef — 7 days
- Sheep — 2 days
- Venison — 5-7 days
- Pork — 3-7 days
You will be contacted when your meat is ready.
Payment is expected when meat is collected, payment options are cash, eftpos and RuralCo.
Yes, but it must have been hygienically slaughtered, free of foreign matter and any dirty carcases will be refused.
Unless stated by the customer all processing will come back frozen. Please notify us in advance if you wish your meat to be fresh.
You get exactly what you have requested. It is important that you have clearly filled out an instruction sheet completely.
Your animal is weighed just prior to boning and processing.
Yes, all your meat is tagged upon arrival and with our detailed systems and protocols we ensure it is your meat that gets returned back to you.
- Cattle beasts get stressed on their own! – Leave a mate with them for company and for better meat results.
- Please have animals handy, as we try to be on time. If we have to wait, then everyone is inconvenienced and you may receive charges for time wasted.
- If you would like tongues, tails livers etc. then please let the slaughter man know and he will put them aside.
- We need to understand your instructions fully.
- Dairy breeds and fat cattle beasts don’t yield as well.
- All animals need to rest for at least a day to ensure meat to be tender.
- As we only have one truck you may experience delays of up to two weeks. Please be advised it may be longer in the spring to summer months, to ensure your place please book in early for these periods.
NO! Homekill animals are processed for your own consumption including your household, family and farmworkers. It is not to be sold or exported to anyone, including via raffles, etc. Doing so can result in hefty fines and/or jail.
Yes, for purchase we have a selection of Abattoir killed stock. Please let us know what meat you would like in advance.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call us on 03 308 7354