Mobile abattoir services
Our Mobile Abattoir can come to you
With a choice of on-location slaughter using the Mobile Abattoir or off-site abattoir processing, things have never been easier. Simply book your processing for beef, pork, lamb or venison and we will arrange a suitable day and time when we are next in your area.
Our on the farm service truck is well equipped for sheep, cattle and pigs. We will slaughter on location and then provide transport back to the butchery chiller for further processing.
We ask for advanced notice and bookings especially for the busier months of October through to December.
Abattoir booking form:
• Please leave your animal in a stress-free environment. Cattle are best kept with other stress-free animals, stressed animals produce tougher meat and will be of poorer quality than stressed free animals.
• Our truck is quite high and heavy and it can get stuck in the wetter months and low hanging trees can cause problems. Please have your animal in an area that is easily accessible by the truck.
• If you would like us to put aside tongue, tails, livers etc, please advise us and the on-sie slaughterman.
• Offal removal can be arranged at an extra cost, however, if you have a trailer, tractor or large sacks the remains can be put in these for you for easy disposal
• Book your animal with us and we will organise with the Abattoirs a drop off date and time.
• You will have to organise cartage of your animal to Ashburton Abattoirs, located on Bridge Street, Ashburton.
• We will then collect the animal once it has been slaughtered at the abattoirs and take back to hang in our chillers for processing.